We are looking for a detail-oriented, results-driven Estimator/Procurement individual who excels at interpersonal communication as they do at crunching numbers. The candidate must not be afraid of distilling data into information that is actionable and meaningful, and they never stop searching for lower prices, higher quality, and better overall value.
- Prepares or oversees material takeoff projects, drawings, and plans.
- Develop and implement procedures for the preparation of estimates and manage the entire bidding process through Procore software
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of estimates in accordance with the approved procedure for all phases of the works from the agreed engineering deliverables to the appropriate level of accuracy.
- Prepare rationale statements to support the estimate identifying areas of weakness and or areas of risk.
- Carry out validation and verification of the estimates using high-level norms and by comparing with previous estimates, outcome costs, and vendor prices.
- Review contract documents and modifications to determine the scope of work and scope of changes.
- Develop forms, formats, and procedures to improve the quality of work produced in the Department.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and provide kick-off sheet meeting minutes to estimating staff to begin the estimating process.
- Develop a key vendor list to ensure the database of subcontractors and suppliers is current.
- Develop a cost format that facilitates the owner’s needs for information using company-selected software
- Coordinate estimates for proposals as related to the cost of pre-construction.
- Manage time and cost of pre-construction services based on the budget quoted by Estimating Manager.
- Develop conceptual cost models.
- Prepare detailed scopes of work and leveling sheets
- Manage all pre-purchase & procurement activities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required
- General Contracting industry experience preferred
- Prior Procurement experience required
- Financial acumen
- Excellent written, and verbal communication & mathematical skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic in a highly demanding environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects at any given time
SavCon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. SavCon is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.