Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports To: VP of Project Management
At SavCon, we specialize in high-end general contracting in the New York Metropolitan area. We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator for our NY office. This position works closely with the Project Management team and provides support for the team life cycle of a construction project taking it from the beginning stage to the finishes stage.
The Project Coordinator (PC) provides full-time support and works hand in hand with the Assistant Project Manager (APM) & Project Manager (PM). The PC is responsible for the coordination of construction and administrative duties in support of the construction project. The ideal candidate is an individual who is eager, smart, and energetic and who wants to gain the experience and knowledge required to develop a Project Management career.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor the assigned construction projects.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications
- Provides coordination and administrative support to their assigned project teams
- Track open items relating to project scope, budget, and schedule
- Coordinate project kick-off and pre-con meetings when necessary
- Arrange and manage team goals, project schedules, and new information; keep all material up to date.
- Strategize with the project manager when needed
- Assist with preparing the job start-up and close-out checklists such as updating Procore, distributing initial drawings and plans to all required team members, assisting Assistant Project Manager and Project Manager with insurance and permits as needed
- Contract procurement and management such as assisting in the preparation of change proposals, change order review, and preparation of closeout package process.
- Collect documentation from subcontractors, vendors, architects, clients, and members of the internal project team
- Assist in managing the punch lists, inspections, and observations, and with the quality management program in general
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Organization & problem-solving skills
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to use specialized software for collaboration and use of spreadsheets
- Must demonstrate knowledge of construction practices
- Ability to relentlessly track and follow up on open issues and action items
SavCon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. SavCon is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.