Job Title: Senior Estimator
Reports To: Casey Richardson – VP of Operations
Summary: The Senior Estimator will be required to plan, organize, direct and control all aspects of project estimating from preliminary conceptual design considerations to project bidding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares or oversees material takeoffs projects, drawings, and plans.
2. Develop and implement procedures for the preparation of estimates and manage the entire bidding process through Procore software
3. Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of estimates in accordance with the approved procedure for all phases of the works from the agreed engineering deliverables to the appropriate level of accuracy.
4. Prepare rationale statements to support the estimate identifying areas of weakness and or areas of risk.
5. Carry out validation and verification of the estimates using high level norms and by comparing with previous estimates, outcome costs and vendor prices.
6. Assist in training, developing, and maintaining a staff of estimators qualified to carry out departmental and project needs.
7. Review contractual documents and modifications to determine scope of work and scope of changes.
8. Develop forms, formats, and procedures to improve the quality of work produced in the Department.
9. Attend pre-construction meetings and provide kick-off sheet meeting minutes to estimating staff to begin the estimating process.
10. Develop key vendor list as directed by Managing Director to ensure database of subcontractors and suppliers is current.
11. Develop cost format that facilitates owner’s needs for information using company selected software
12. Coordinate estimates for proposals as related to the cost of pre-construction.
13. Manage time and cost of pre-construction services based on budget quoted by Estimating Manager.
14. Develop conceptual cost models.