Job Title: Superintendent
Reports To: General Superintendent
The Superintendent is responsible for planning/managing/building construction projects and overseeing the progress from beginning to end in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Provide overall leadership for on-site field administration/supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of foreman, subcontractors, and other construction-related personnel.
- Maintaining a safe workplace and promoting and enhancing client relationships.
- Provide site coordination of all subcontractors and SavCon resources while ensuring the successful installation of and adherence to Construction Drawings, Specs, and project schedule.
- Ensure operating resources are within budget guidelines
- Apply knowledge of commercial codes, fire codes, and regulations, and ensures compliance with all requirements
- Train all subordinates and less experienced staff to promote the evolution of the entire team
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in the critical path to ensure timely completion
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Coordinate required inspections
- Maintain a daily log of activities on the job site
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously
- Ensure the subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by the project team
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and awarding of subcontracts
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval for revisions
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job site
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope or “scope gaps”
- Preside at a pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor
- Opening the job site at beginning of the day and securing the job site at the end of the day
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and
procedures; complying with legal regulations. OSHA 30 hours required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience as a Superintendent in a relevant setting, ideally 5-7 year’s experience in ground-up residential, interior fit-out, and/or hospitality
- An eye for detail and accuracy along with superior communication and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- SST required
- NYC DOB certifications is a plus
- Experience with Procore (training available)
SavCon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. SavCon is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.