Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Reports To: VP of Project Management
At SavCon, we specialize in high-end general contracting in the New York Metropolitan area. We are currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager for our NY office. In this position, the right candidate will work closely with the Project Manager and Superintendent by providing support for the team life cycle of a construction project by taking it from the beginning to the finishing stage.
The ideal candidate is eager, smart, and driven and wants to gain the experience and knowledge required to develop a Project Management career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Manager to provide a professional Project and Design Management service internally and externally
- Organize and document project meetings
- Support the Project Manager in successful project delivery
- Create, update, and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of project cost & schedule, changes to projects, shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance, close-out, and other aspects of the projects
- Assist in procurement
- Manage or support the change order management process, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals, writing change orders, RFI’s, and other related activities
- Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules
- Review and coordinate shop drawings, submittals, and other activities that allow the various elements of work to fit together.
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Participate in managing activities that are related to project close-out to ensure timely completion
- Assist with the evaluation of projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Run small projects within the comfort level
- Perform other related duties as assigned and assist Project Management staff as required/directed
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 1-2 years of working experience as an APM in a General Contracting firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Organization & problem-solving skills
- Task management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to use specialized software for collaboration and use of spreadsheets
- Must demonstrate knowledge of construction practices
- Ability to relentlessly track and follow up on open issues and action items
SavCon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. SavCon is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.