We are looking for a detail-oriented, results-driven Junior Estimator individual who excels at interpersonal communication as much as they do at crunching numbers. The candidate must not be afraid of distilling data into information that is actionable and meaningful, and they never stop searching for lower prices, higher quality, and better overall value.
- Prepares material takeoff projects, drawings, and plans.
- Manage time and cost of pre-construction services based on the budget quoted by Estimating Manager
- Prepare detailed and accurate cost estimates and final bid pricing
- Understanding of interior finishes and architectural drawings.
- Ability to conduct analysis of construction plans and specifications
- Perform quantity take-offs using computer-based software
- Understanding of bid documents, cost breakdowns, leveling sheets, addendums, etc.
- Prepare detailed scopes of work and leveling sheets
- Ability to review specifications of incoming bids and addendums to ensure our scope is covered.
- Understanding change order estimates, ASI, Bulletins, etc.
- Awareness of past and current proposals (i.e., following up on the status of proposals sent, etc.)
- Review contract documents and modifications to determine the scope of work and scope of changes.
- Develop forms, formats, and procedures to improve the quality of work produced in the Department.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and provide kick-off sheet meeting minutes to estimating staff to begin the estimating process.
- Develop a cost format that facilitates the owner’s needs for information using company-selected software
- Coordinate estimates for proposals as related to the cost of pre-construction.
- Develop conceptual cost models.
- Manage all pre-purchase & procurement activities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required
- General Contracting industry experience preferred
- Prior Procurement experience required
- Financial acumen
- Excellent written, and verbal communication & mathematical skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic in a highly demanding environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects at any given time